The dot pointed version - This race was a like a weird stage race.....
24 hour racing is such a mammoth task, even in a team category. Because Andrew Hall was booked in to race the Solo 24 hour World Championships the following weekend, we took the ultimate sandbagger option of racing the 7+6. As fate would have it, so would a few other top teams, therefore this became a real race!
My dot pointed version is as follows…..
• 7+6 class
• No night riding
• Still a truckload of stuff to bring to the race
• Made Andrew ride out to Stromlo as he needed the traiing for #WEMBO
- A certain 'Elite' rider was noted to be racing a Master category. Is that UCI legal?
• Red and Blue laps – super short and super fast
• Rockstar Racing and Target Trek fielded Elite teams in the 7+6
Double jump down Skyline - no friction in the air!
• 25 hours of racing to commemorate 25 years of Canberra Off Road Cyclists
• Daylight savings kicked in on Sunday morning
• Andrew Hall does the run – team rules as he is the youngest, and I don’t get myself into situations that could have me confused as being a triathlete.
• We then do double up laps
• Repeat for about 6 hours
• Sewage receptacle overflows across road crit track
• Finish the first day in the lead by 4 seconds
• Thai Green Chicken Curry for dinner
• Electric Blanket
Luge (Berm track) - fish eye view of a smooth little berm
• Only got 7 hours sleep ;)
• Up at 5
• Out the door at 6
• On track at 7:14am.
• Double up laps for 5 and a half hours
• Andrew feeling efforts of running, pulls a sly one to get out of doing the last lap
• I do 14 laps, Andrew does 13 laps….plus a little run. I wouldn’t be surprised if he went for a swim also!!! Haha!!
• Rockstar Racing 1st
• Cannondale-Sugoi (that’s us) 2nd
• Target Trek 3rd
• Pack up
• Talk crap with some peeps
• Presentation – our category was done first!
• Cruise home with Kylie shoved in the back of the fully packed SUV also!
• Eat, relax, sleep
I love this bit of trail as it has awesome flow and lovely rocks
• Next day, throw up 10 times and spend an entire night in the ER with Gastro….
• Sportograph, hands down, take THE best event photos of anyone I know. Pure #PRO.
Alright then, that’s it in a nutshell.
Next up, Husky 100km at the end of October. That and get some energy back in me after removing the entire contents of my stomach!