- woke up in Sydney.
- Drank bad coffee
- Got to airport
- drank better coffee
got a book to read on the flight up
- Picked up bikes.
- Got on plane
Lake Eyre - last time I saw it, it was full of water
- Got to Alice
- Missed Stage 1 #sadface (see previous post for details)
- Got a private car sent for us at the airport thanks to John Jacobi
- Got to Lasseters Hotel
- Built bikes up
- Got on bikes at 2:00pm
- Found John, got registration sorted
- Went for Stage 3 recce
Andrew Hall - pondering where the hell he is
- Had a blast searching the awesome trails around here
- Got back to Hotel at 4pm
- Went to Start of stage 2 - hill climb
- Practised hill climb - 300m
- Raced at 4:36:30 -- early start due to lack of seeding
- Posted an ordinary time
- Went off for more recce of tomorrow's stage
So excited to be finally on the bike - had to do a wheelie!
- Came back to town
- Went in search of Thai in town - closed.
- Went back to Hotel
- Found that there was a Thai Restaurant at the hotel
- Really tired now
- Bottles sorted
- Dropped bottles off for tomorrow's stage
- Back to room
- Clean and prep bike for tomorrow's stage
- Watching TV, surfing the net, social media
- Off to sleep - what a day, but I am here!