- Individual Time Trial in the morning.
- Course extremely wet and soggy from a full day of rain yesterday
- slow time recorded pedalling through lots of sinking soil
- Had a blast on the trails - they are fantatsic
- an hour in the pool talking crap
- Subway for lunch
- Strip bike down - a little muddy
- Prep lights
- Mass start night race over exact same course
- 40km/hr into a massive puddle at end of start straight
- Instantly drenched - instantly awake
- Chain troubles, lost contact with my group
- rear brake rubbing disc - like riding through mud!
- still beat time from morning - track got a bit faster!
- Most exhilarating experience I have ever experienced (top 3 probably)
- late dinner
- late strip and clean of bike
- watching cricket to try and get me to sleep
- Also listening to Guns n Roses ballads to help calm me down
- Unreal trails today
- Final stage tomorrow - 40km
If you want to be a player, you must report to the #pro shop
Finish line adjacent to the 18th green.
He smashed out a 52:30 during the day, then a 49:26 at night - we'll put it down to 'atmospheric conditions'
You don't often see a mass start night XC style race - this was absolutely amazing!