Thursday, December 11, 2008

Off to Geelong

Currently, I am sitting in the Qantas Club lounge in Canberra waiting for my flight to Melbourne. The 3rd National round of the year is on this weekend at Geelong at the You Yangs. Home of the Yowie.

Last night I had a 90 minute massage to loosen up the legs in preparation for this weekend. My masseuse is a genius. My legs were so trashed after the training undertaken for this event. Now they feel great.

It is meant to rain all weekend down in Geelong. Therefore the mud tyres have been packed. Apparently I won't need them as the You Yangs are pretty well drained, but we shall see.

Amazingly this time we didn't get charged for excess baggage. We did howver, have the most cranky check in lady. I though that we would be done for sure.

On a totally different note, we have had a landscaper come in and totally rip up the backyard. Right now it is a dust pile, but add some sand, pavers and new plants and voila, it will be livable - with not a weed in sight!

Anyway, I have packed every combo of cycling clothes - you have to whenever travelling to Victoria, every lens combination for the glasses. As usual I am sure that one set (of everything) will always do the lot - but if I don't bring it, I'll be screwed!

No comments: